So I’m not in the best frame of mind today having being hit
by TFS automatic merge even when I have it turned off it still thinks it’s
smarter than the average bear, not!
Yes I have used PVCS, VSS and SVN for my sins in my professional
career all of which I hate with the same if not less passion as I do TFS.
I my humble opinion Microsoft promised so much more when you
moved to TFS from VSS, but it evaporated along with the morning mist!
VSS every time you looked at a file it would check it out
without warning you. Try looking at a resource file in TFS and bang! Config file
checked out.
TFS branching is poor compared to the rich functionality of
GIT. Yes, I know you can use GIT from the VS/TFS interface but the client
dictates the technology stack at the end of the day.
MS Build – one again so yesterday in my opinion Go, TeamCity
and many more are so much better – agreed the implementation is the key but
that aside they are so much better and informative when things go awry.
At one site I worked at, they migrated from VSS to GIT the Holy
Grail in my opinion. I could was on about the feature rich functions but I will
not just try it for yourself and see…enjoy.
The current contract I’m working at I have been waxing lyrical
about Bitbucket, JIRA and Confluence that every other comment relates back the three
best products in the market place today.
They in turn bounce at back at me whenever
I mention or they mention code repositories, CI or CD or SharePoint – YUK! I
can’t believe I said that word. Another pet hate.
No comments:
Post a Comment